2014-2015 Results & Standings
Winter Series Inclement Weather Policy:
- Yes, there will be inclement weather
- It will be cold, it will sleet, it will snow.
- We run anyway unless there’s ice
- A race may be cancelled at the absolute last minute on race day due to developing conditions impossible to predict until the snow/sleet/ice begins to fall
- YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE OF WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SAFE TO TRAVEL TO AND FROM AND RUN IN AN EVENT
- Call the individual race directors if you are unsure about the scheduling of a race
- We will try to post a cancellation on Facebook and/or the website
About the Winter Series:
- Eight Races for One Great Price!
- Dec. 6—Mystery through History Race, Winchester, VA
- Dec. 20—Jingle 5k, Blandy Arboretum, Boyce, VA
- Jan. 3—Long Branch Plantation 5k, Millwood, VA
- Jan. 17—Predicted Time Five-Miler, Front Royal, VA
- Jan. 31—Stickman’s Tandems 5k, Strasburg, VA
- Feb. 14—Heart and Soles 5k, Middletown, VA
- Feb. 28—Lose Your Shirt and Shoes 5K, Front Royal, VA (New Location)
- Mar. 7—Treasure Hunt 5K, TBD
- A Shenandoah Valley Runners favorite for 25 plus years
- Get outside during the winter to run in beautiful places in the Shenandoah Valley
- Run with like-minded people not daunted by freezing temperatures and frigid winds
- Welcomes runners of all abilities
- Hundreds of hours go into making these races happen, so please help by volunteering
- Contact individual race directors or Winter Series Director Jamey Walters (email@example.com; 540-660-2701) to volunteer or with questions
- We post last-minutes news on Facebook under Shenandoah Valley Runners
- Download the Winter Series flyer here!
Entry Fees and Registration
1. This option is easiest, and you get more bang for your buck! Every person that signs up for the entire series gets and awesome SVR Winter Series Beanie for FREE!
Register for the whole series.
- Option 1 helps everyone. Register now!
- Saves us a big headache on race morning
- Show up and pin on your number. Cool.
- Only available until the second race.
- SVR member $30.00; Non-member $40.00; SVR Family $75.00
2. Online pre-registration for each race.
- Option 2: Still good. Really helps our registration team. Please at least pre-register.
- Available on the Winter Series drop down menu before each race
- Pre-register for the race, but you do not pay until race day
- If you change your mind at the last minute and don’t show up, no problem..we would rather you pre-register so that you are in the system before race day
- $8.00 for SVR members; $10.00 for non-members; $2.00 for students/seniors.
3. Show up on race day, wait in line to register, go back to your car because you forgot your money, go back in line, register, get your number, go race.
- Option 3: Really? See option 1 or 2.
- $8.00 for SVR members; $10.00 for non-members; $2.00 for students/seniors
Series Points & Awards:
- After each race, runners will be assigned points based on how they finished against members of their own gender
- Awards given based on each runner’s six best point scores
- Awards: Top five males & females overall; top three males & females in the following age groups (as of Dec. 31): 10 & under, 11-13, 14-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-29, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
- Perfect attendance awards
- Awards presented at annual SVR banquet on March 23
- ONLY CLUB MEMBERS WHO HAVE RENEWED THEIR 2015 MEMBERSHIP BY JANUARY 3, 2015 ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AWARDS.
- Non-members may join the club at any point prior to JANUARY 3 to become eligible
- Must complete at least five races to be eligible for awards
- Required number of races may decrease with cancellations
- No duplication of overall and age group awards
- ALL MINORS (UNDER 18) MUST HAVE A WAIVER SIGNED BY A PARENT NOT JUST AN ADULT
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE WAIVER SIGNED BY A PARENT, WE WILL NOT LET YOU RUN THE RACE
- Obtain a waiver before you arrive at the race if your parent will not be with you
- Contact Vern Heavner firstname.lastname@example.org to have one sent via e-mail or download from the SVR website