WELCOME TO THE WINTER SERIES INFORMATION PAGE!!!!
PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS FROM THE 2016/2017 WINTER SERIES. WE WILL UPDATE WITH THE CURRENT INFORMATION NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1, 2017. WE WILL POST ON FACEBOOK WHEN THE INFORMATION IS UP TO DATE. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO SEE HOW THE SERIES WORKS. WE DO NOT ANTICIPATE ANY MAJOR CHANGES. HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE WINTER SERIES!
We have another great year organized and hope to see you out there running in the cold and snow! Before signing up for the Winter Series, remember to update your 2017 membership so that you get the 20% member discount on the Series. That means for an SVR member you will pay $36.00 not $45 for the entire Series. That’s right, only $36.00 for all eight races. Membership also gets you discounts at SVR sponsored races throughout the year and is only $10 per year for an individual. If you are a new member and sign up now, your membership will begin now and continue through 2017. Go here for membership https://runsignup.com/Club/VA/Winchester/ShenandoahValleyRunners
Now that you’ve signed up for membership, go to this link to sign up for the Winter Series https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Winchester/SVRWinterSeries
Please be sure to read the fine print located below about how the Winter Series is scored, our inclement weather policy, race locations, and info about if a minor is racing. Please also note that there are no refunds on races and we do not allow strollers, dogs or headphones at our races.
- Dates and Locations
- Dec. 3—Beat the Clock 5k, Winchester, VA
- Dec. 17—Jingle 5k, Blandy Arboretum, Boyce, VA
- Dec. 31—Long Branch Plantation 5k, Millwood, VA
- Jan. 14—Poker Run Five-Miler, Front Royal, VA
- Jan. 28—Stickman’s Tandems 5k, Strasburg, VA
- Feb. 11—Heart and Soles 5k, Middletown, VA
- Feb. 25—Lose Your Shirt and Shoes 5K, Front Royal, VA
- Mar. 4—March Madness 5K,Stephens City, VA
- A Shenandoah Valley Runners favorite for 25 plus years
- Get outside during the winter to run in beautiful places in the Shenandoah Valley
- Run with like-minded people not daunted by freezing temperatures and frigid winds
- Welcomes runners of all abilities
- Hundreds of hours go into making these races happen, so please help by volunteering
- Contact individual race directors or Winter Series Director Jamey Walters (email@example.com; 540-660-2701) to volunteer or with questions
- We post last-minutes news on Facebook under Shenandoah Valley Runners
Entry Fees and Registration
1. This option is easiest, and you get more bang for your buck! Every person that signs up for the entire series gets an awesome SVR Winter Series Long Sleeve Shirt for FREE!
- Register for the whole series.
Option 1 helps everyone. Register now!
Saves us a big headache on race morning
Show up and pin on your number. Cool.
Only available until the second race.
ENTIRE SERIES: $45 adult non-members; $20 student up to age 25/seniors 65+; $125 family (up to 6 family members)
SVR MEMBERS RECEIVE A 20% DISCOUNT ON SERIES REGISTRATION TAKEN AT CHECKOUT so SVR members pay $36 adults; $16 students/seniors; $100 family (up to 6 members)
YOU MUST RENEW YOUR 2017 MEMBERSHIP BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR SERIES TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT! SVR Membership sign up is at https://runsignup.com/Club/VA/Winchester/ShenandoahValleyRunners
You must be a 2017 SVR member no later than January 1, 2017 to be eligible for WS awards!
Registration for entire series includes a 2016-17 Winter Series T-Shirt
Please preregister for WS at: https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Winchester/SVRWinterSeries
2. Online pre-registration for each race.
Option 2: Still good. Really helps our registration team. Please pre-register.
$8.00 for SVR members; $10.00 for non-members; $5.00 for students/seniors.
3. Show up on race day, wait in line to register, go back to your car because you forgot your money, go back in line, register, get your number, go race.
- Option 3: Really? See option 1 or 2.
- $10.00 for all adults; $5.00 for students/seniors
Series Points & Awards:
- After each race, runners will be assigned points based on how they finished against members of their own gender
- Awards given based on each runner’s six best point scores
- Awards: Top five males & females overall; top three males & females in the following age groups (as of Dec. 31): 10 & under, 11-13, 14-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-29, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
- Perfect attendance awards
- Awards presented at annual SVR banquet on March 19
- ONLY CLUB MEMBERS WHO HAVE RENEWED THEIR 2017 MEMBERSHIP BY JANUARY 1, 2017 ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AWARDS.
- Non-members may join the club at any point prior to JANUARY 1 to become eligible
- Must complete at least five races to be eligible for awards
- Required number of races may decrease with cancellations
- No duplication of overall and age group awards
- ALL MINORS (UNDER 18) MUST HAVE A WAIVER SIGNED BY A PARENT NOT JUST AN ADULT
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE WAIVER SIGNED BY A PARENT, WE WILL NOT LET YOU RUN THE RACE
- Obtain a waiver before you arrive at the race if your parent will not be with you
- You only need to do this if you are registering the day of the race without a parent present.
- Contact Vern Heavner firstname.lastname@example.org to have one sent via e-mail or download from the SVR website
Winter Series Inclement Weather Policy:
- Yes, there will be inclement weather
- It will be cold, it will sleet, it will snow.
- We run anyway unless there’s ice
- A race may be cancelled at the absolute last minute on race day due to developing conditions impossible to predict until the snow/sleet/ice begins to fall
- YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE OF WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SAFE TO TRAVEL TO AND FROM AND RUN IN AN EVENT
- Call the individual race directors if you are unsure about the scheduling of a race
- We will try to post a cancellation on Facebook and/or the website