THE 2017/2018 WINTER SERIES IS OVER AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME RUNNING IN THE SNOW AND COLD! THE INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR 2017/2018 BUT WE DON’T ANTICIPATE ANY MAJOR CHANGES FOR 2018/2019 SO THIS WILL GIVE YOU A GOOD IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT. CHECK BACK AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2018 FOR 2018/2019 REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND RACE DETAILS.
We are ready for the 2017/2018 Winter Series! Very little has changed from last year. Once again, we strongly encourage you to sign up for the whole series–only $36.00 for SVR members. This makes life so much easier for all of our volunteers. Caution!!!: membership renewal or registration and whole series registration must be done online before the race. Online pre-registration will remain open until 8:30 am of race day. We cannot do membership or whole series registration at the registration table. You must do that online prior to the race!!! Same day on-site registration (only available for an individual race) and chip pick-up closes promptly at 9:15 am so get there early to get your chip or to register the same day for an individual race. All races start at 9:30 am.
So….go now and renew your membership (or sign up to be a member) at https://runsignup.com/Club/VA/Winchester/ShenandoahValleyRunners Your membership will be good until 12/31/18. You must be an SVR member before January 1, 2018 in order to be eligible for Winter Series Awards.
Then, go to this link to sign up for the Winter Series https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/Winchester/SVRWinterSeries
You will find information about all the races at the RunSignUp link where you register. Remember: there are no refunds on races and we do not allow strollers, dogs or headphones at our races.
Winter Series Inclement Weather Policy:
- Yes, there will be inclement weather
- It will be cold, it will sleet, it will snow.
- We run anyway unless there’s ice
- A race may be cancelled at the absolute last minute on race day due to developing conditions impossible to predict until the snow/sleet/ice begins to fall
- YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE OF WHETHER OR NOT IT IS SAFE TO TRAVEL TO AND FROM AND RUN IN AN EVENT
- Call the individual race directors if you are unsure about the scheduling of a race
- We will try to post a cancellation on Facebook and/or the website
Series Points & Awards:
- After each race, runners will be assigned points based on how they finished against members of their own gender
- Awards given based on each runner’s six best point scores
- Awards: Top five males & females overall; top three males & females in the following age groups (as of Dec. 31): 10 & under, 11-13, 14-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-29, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
- Perfect attendance awards
- Awards presented at annual SVR banquet in March
- ONLY CLUB MEMBERS WHO HAVE RENEWED THEIR 2018 MEMBERSHIP BY JANUARY 1, 2018 ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AWARDS.
- Non-members may join the club at any point prior to JANUARY 1 to become eligible
- Must complete at least five races to be eligible for awards
- Required number of races may decrease with cancellations
- No duplication of overall and age group awards
- ALL MINORS (UNDER 18) MUST HAVE A WAIVER SIGNED BY A PARENT NOT JUST AN ADULT
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE WAIVER SIGNED BY A PARENT, WE WILL NOT LET YOU RUN THE RACE
- Obtain a waiver before you arrive at the race if your parent will not be with you
- You only need to do this if you are registering the day of the race without a parent present.
- Contact Vern Heavner email@example.com to have one sent via e-mail or download from the SVR website